Saturday, January 28, 2012

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two All Encompassing Analysis



Hi guys!  I SO apologize for failing to blog for the last month.  I have, however, compiled a lengthy and all-encompassing analysis of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two to compensate.  I’ll post it in parts, starting now!



Today marks the fifth time I've seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two and I have a lot to say about it.  This is nothing new since I always have plenty to say on the subject of Harry Potter and the unfathomably deep levels of meaning his story poses for me.  Alas, I digress.  I'll post theories and essays soon.  Here is my all-encompassing analysis of Deathly Hallows Part Two.

Clearly there are some spoiler alerts here, so those in the process of reading or planning to read the series or watch the movies sadly must save this blog for another day.  Danielle, I'm speaking mainly to you.  I'm hoping by now you've taken a good bite out of Deathly Hallows and that you will turn around and go finish it now.
My favorite DH trailer was the very first one that premiered for part one.  I'm glad that Warner Brothers worked up such a fantastic hype for these movies.  To be fair, the fans, ever so devoted, worked just as hard at making sure the premiere was as epic as wizardly possible.  The first trailer, which was released in June of 2010, showed scenes from both movies, featured the most dramatic music, and had captions that came closest to encompassing the magnitude of the significance these last movies hold in the hearts of fans.  It calls the film(s) "The epic conclusion of a worldwide phenomenon," and "The motion picture event of a generation."  I'm particularly fond of the latter, for we are the Potter Generation.  
As Rebecca puts it, the last film is great until just after the Kings Cross scene, at which point the film "takes a definite turn for the stupid."  Steve Kloves follows J.K. Rowling's masterpiece pretty well until that point, getting the Gringotts heist, journey into Hogwarts, Room of Requirement Fiendfyre, Snape's memories, Resurrection Stone scene, and Kings Cross down very well.  The film does, however, lack where Aberforth's story, the Ravenclaw Tower scene, the discussion with Helena Ravenclaw, and Ron and Hermione's kiss are concerned.  After Kings Cross, we get Voldemort hugging people, Death Eaters becoming air pollution, Harry trying to make out with Voldemort, the two of them exchanging nuggies midair, Voldemort's fetish for bondage revealed, and a lot of explanation cut out, no big deal.  Like every installment in this epic series, this movie had its ups and downs.  The question is whether the low points were bad enough to drown out the high points.  On the other hand, you could ask whether the good parts were done well enough to make up for all the poor points.  I'm not entirely sure which is the more accurate question yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the bashing of my personal musings begin!