Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Every feelin', every beat, can be so very sweet, you gotta taste it.

I'm listening to a very feel-good playlist tonight.  Let's Get Loud, We Got the Beat, Ladies Night, Dancing in the Street.  No clue where this extreme optimism came from but I'll take it while it lasts... even though we're down to 9 days till Doomsday.  I'll leave those thoughts for then there's like a day left.  


Today was Eric's birthday!  Most of my friends remember him like he's six.  It's like all their last memories of him are when he crashed my sleepover party in sixth grade to be fawned over by all my girlfriends.  Thing is, he's actually thirteen.  Like, he's a teenager now.  I'm going into my last year, he's going into his first.  Time goes by so quickly.


Anyway, he his team won their dek hockey game tonight!  They scored twice in the first period and the other team,l ast season's defending champs, scored twice in the third.  They won in a shoot-out and it was super exciting!  Can't quite say the same for my Blueshirt Boys, but it's only the second game of the series.  There's time yet.  


Eric and I spent the afternoon looking up and trying out glitches in Super Mario 64 for Nintendo.  We got outsmarted the Never-Ending staircase in the 70 star room and got into the final Battle with Bowser with only 54 Stars!  We're such badasses.  


We also had delicious chocolate fudge and Banana Cream cakes.  I love birthdays.  




Two of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me are that I'm whimsical and that I have a sense of adventure.  I'm rather pleased.  




So despite my dread for Doomsday, I found an up-side.  Scratch that, two.  Well, two good outcomes from one crappy aspect of it all.  Since I only have eight days left of being able to eat normally, mom's making every food I like between now and then.  This includes prime rib, pasta with basil pesto sauce, Little Vincent's Pizza, chinese food, KFC, homemade chicken soup, and lambchops.  I'm going to eat ALL the food this week.  


Also, since I can only eat liquids after, I at least get to lose 20 pounds.  Despite all the other crap, it could be worse.  


It feels weird to be caught up on Doctor Who.  I just finished Season Six.  While it was fantastic, I can't help but be uncomfortable knowing I've watched all their is for now.  I have to wait HOW LONG till Season 7??


"That's what monkeys do.  When they smile, it's because they're about to KILL YOU!" Eric. 
(After I just explained what a honey badger is to Deels and she blatantly didn't get it:)
"And the deer, Oh My God, it was like honey badger!" Deels.
"Woof." Eric.


"You couldn't handle a basilisk." Deels
"Well you couldn't get to the Department of Mysteries, let alone get OUT of it." Eric


And now for some Winnie-the-Pooh:
"An adventure is a wonderful thing!"
"In the printed word is where truth lies."
"I wonder if you're dreaming too, wherever you are."
"Perhaps the place you are is not on a map.  How very nice for us!"


"You're braver than a bee, longer than a tree, and taller than a goose... or maybe it was a moose?"
"You're smarter when you're pink!"


"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."


Thank you Pooh's Grand Adventure.  I just found those pearls of wisdom hidden away in my phone.  It was a truly pleasant surprise.  

2 comments:

  1. Positive comment:
    Pooh's Grand Adventure is my anti-drug.
    Negative comment:
    "all their is"? Tears of blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm in disbelief. I deserve to lay down in front of a train.

    ReplyDelete

Let the bashing of my personal musings begin!