Monday, December 19, 2011

“Take care of the sounds and the sense will take care of itself.”

Kudos to the Beavcoons, my brother's dek hockey team, for a riveting run in today's tournament.  The game I saw was so stressful that you successfully raised my blood pressure.  




It was great to go back to the Lifeteen mass at Holy Cross this evening.  The band, the core, and the teens have all been a huge part of helping me grow up, and it's difficult to be away from it all.  One way, Jesus.




Just as wonderful as going back to Lifeteen was spending a few hours with Mike and Rebecca.  We did absolutely nothing for three hours besides bask in the glory of being together again, and it was beautiful.




Mike:  We met at Lifeteen two years ago and the rest is history.  We've bonded over duck feet skits and Adorations, which are the perfectly balanced ingredients in creating a friendship.  He's into classic rock, cars, guitars, track, and Doctor Who.  Even though he chooses Transformers over Harry Potter, a usually unforgivable offense,  I'd confidently name Mike as one of my best friends.  Perhaps the most effective way of communicating how close we are is to reference one of his texts.  "You're closer than a sibling to me."  Also, he and Rebecca and I are a freaking epic combination.  




I wish my writing would be as beautiful to read as music is to listen to.  I want to take the feeling, that huge emotional spectrum that music opens up for me, and be able to explain it.  I want to have the power to make others understand and feel the way I feel.  If I can make you understand how music feels, we'll have created this unbreakable connection, but there is no way to say in words what composers say in notes.  


I wish I could make everyone listen to this.  I hope you react as strongly to it as I do because it's a wonderful feeling.


"It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you."  Paul Erdos, mathematician




List of Places I Want to See:
-Hogwarts
-Sistine Chapel
-The Lamp-post in Narnia
-Nashville
-Every Hard Rock Cafe
-Every famous concert hall
-King's Cross Station
-Thunder Road




"I like reading your blog.  It's like I'm in your life when I'm not anymore."  Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the bashing of my personal musings begin!