Thursday, December 15, 2011

“No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.”

This floor has enough bloggers chronicling the day-to-day adventures of the Tremont Street Raiders, so please refer to the blogs of Andy, Angel, Al, and Meredith for more life-and-times takes on life at Northeastern.  I plan to just comment on whatever calls for commenting on.

Think of what they say as the denotation and what I say as the connotation.

Meanwhile, let's have a bit of exposition.

My current home: 9th floor, IV, NEU, Boston, MA.
The songs inhabiting my brain: Pirates of the Caribbean and Montagues & Capulets, Epica versions.
How I spend most of my days: Writing, analyzing, practicing, and playing music.  And eating.
What I love most about being here: The people.
What I miss most while I'm here: The people.
My life in a few choice words, circa now: Whimsical, musicality, Harry Potter, Common Room, Christmas.
My posse(s): The Liberals (and their nameless derivative), the Amazing Eight, and The Tremont Street Raiders.

I suppose this brings me to that trademark new blog, introduce-all-my-friends-as-the-need-presents-itself portion of today's show.  Today the majority of my time in the Common Room was spent in the presence of:

Sarah: Most things out of Sarah's mouth today consisted of "THAT'S ME."  She also modeled her handmade HPDH shirt, much to the pleasure of the common room's inhabitants (or at least, me).  She's fun and generally wonderful.  I am blessed to have met her.  AKA December Bellamie, self-proclaimed Diamond of the Universe, who nobody likes.  

Lauren:  Another funny and wonderful person who I am privileged to have met.  I adore Lauren's curly hair and general amazingness.  I'm pretty sure I just walked over to her and hugged her yesterday in the common room to demonstrate my appreciation of her wonderful-ness. AKA Mirabela, potentially the True Gentleman.

Scott:  Scrawny hockey player.

Sean: AKA Justinian Galahad, AKA Jonathan Green, AKA JohnBoy.  A TF2-engaged math major who analyzes the world from a highly logical point-of-view.  

Andy:  Characterized by the act of rubbing worldliness against my head each night during his movie nights and also playing TF2.  King of THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID jokes and back rubs, and from upstate New York.  AKA Telemachus Bombadier.  Dat name just says it all. "Exciting, exactly."

Laura:  Running, red-headed fireball from Pennsylvania.  She's a Biochemistry major and genuinely one of the sweetest, most maternal people you'll ever meet.

Ryan: A chemical engineering major and viola player from Centereach, Long Island!  We actually played in MYO together for two years, including performances at Staller Center at Stony Brook University; Stern Hall, Carnegie Hall; and Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center.  He is highly ticklish and generally a sweetheart.

Common Room: Despite the fact that the Common Room is not a living being, it deserves recognition.  For the last month or so, the Tremont Street Raiders have taken to inhabiting the common room at any and all hours of the day.  This is where most hanging out and the creation of most inside-jokes occur.  I will sincerely miss it and all its inhabitants during the next three weeks.


The highlights of today include watching Elf with Lauren and Sarah, the two of them making out through Sarah's hand "like a magic trick with a box and a saw," at dinner, having all men feel up Scott when his shirt is off, fighting tooth-and-nail for the right to eat cookies, beating people up to find my Husky Card, painting our nails, and generally enjoying each other's company for my last time of this year in the Common Room.

I apologize to anyone who I frisked unnecessarily in the search for my Husky Card.  I also apologize to anyone who was not frisked and would have like to have been.  I have no idea who had it/returned it to the Common Room table, but since it was probably the same person, I'm incredibly torn between wanting to hug and throttle you.  I'll probably go with both if I ever find out who you are.  

I'm psyched to go home and also dreading leaving tomorrow/today.  As long as I can give everyone from the Ninth Floor (notice the purposeful capitalization) a proper goodbye, we'll be alright.  Separation Anxiety is a serious concern, however.  Good Lord.  This may very well be a traumatizing month.  

I love everyone who reads this blog because you obviously care about me.  I also love many of the people who won't read this.  I may even love them because of their laziness.  

For tonight, adieu, dear reader.  I do sincerely love you.

2 comments:

Let the bashing of my personal musings begin!