Sunday, February 26, 2012

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

"Rebecca told me to read the Hunger Games. I was going to, but they're just too mainstream."
For someone who doesn't know what a hipster is, Mike's a natural at being one.

It was so lovely having Mike here.  I got Rebecca, then Mike, now I just need the three of us together again and life is perfect.  Best fwends.

On another note, Rebecca tweets a lot.  I enjoy every word of every tweet, I just wish more of them were about her undying devotion to me.

I got to see my family last weekend! Wachusett Mountain was a lovely little day trip.  It was an easy enough mountain; we all (including Eric at the ripe old age of 12) skied multiple black diamonds and had a generally lovely day since the lift lines moved so quickly.  Whenever we took the lift to the top of the mountain, the trails started out smooth and relatively flat, but we'd all round a corner and the path would widen out and steepen, forcing you to see this beautiful panorama of trees and a lake and villages.  We went around bends that opened up this way practically every run, but it left us breathless every single time.

I'm sick again and super unamused.  I usually get one sinus infection per year and that's it.  This nonsense of getting the sniffles every few weeks is not working for me.

Today at work, a man's sandwich cost $6.97.  He handed me a ten dollar bill and his change was 3OH!3.
The next man then handed me three dollar bills and a quarter for a cupcake that cost 3.20.  I gave him a Nickelback.

True story.  It was all priceless.

I am a honeypot.  Thanks to Shannon, Lauren, Laura, Sarah, and Meredith for this otherworldly compliment.  Here's to the Bed & Breakfast we're destined to open!

The moon is a Cheshire Cat smile tonight.  Henceforth, I shall blog for every Cheshire Cat moon because they're so poignant for me.  Read Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland and it will all click.

Honorable mentions of the week: Feinstein, for being a jokester in class on Friday; Andy, for having a laughing fit thinking about Laurey's face in Oklahoma!, and having to leave class; Hugh Jackman for being Hugh Jackman; the Ninth Floor for waking me up from an excellent nap to a chorus of God Bless the Broken Road; all those who drink coffee over tea (though drinking tea is acceptable if you're a girl or a fan of Alice); and Yiruma, for writing beautiful piano music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let the bashing of my personal musings begin!